Day 2 of low carbing. Sadly it’s almost impossible to do vegan and maintain truly low carbs; I can’t wait to get back into fulltime veganism while at school. Hopefully I’ll have lost most of the weight by then and be able to eat like a normal person!
But for now, it’s cheese, tofu, coconut oil, spinach, avocado, nut butters, and more cheese. Chocolate hazelnut butter makes up about 1/3 of my calories now… damn my sweet tooth. (Luckily it has relatively little sugar.)
It’s amazing how my cravings–besides those for chocolate hazelnut butter–have subsided so dramatically. I’m usually a fruit fiend, but I’ve hardly noticed that the only fruit I’ve had thus far is avocado… which doesn’t even really count as fruit to my taste buds.
Also, I finally let myself buy ketostix! I wanted to get them last time I did low carb but decided I shouldn’t unless I was sure it was something I’d be doing once in awhile. Couldn’t detect any ketones yet, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed.
- Avocado with cheddar: 190
- Keto microwave bread topped with avocado, cheese, tomatoes, and tofurkey: 460
- Homemade keto chocolate bite: 80
- Mascarpone with chocolate hazelnut butter: 470 (throughout the day)
- Bite of leftover cinnamon roll: 110 (over-recorded)
- Tea with soy: 40
Total: 1345 – Burned 360 (9400 steps)
- Net carbs: 37g (18%)
- Protein: 45g (13%) | Fat: 69%
- Water: 4L