Got near-perfect macros today for my original goals when embarking on this higher carb adventure: 84c/12p/4f! It took some time to gradually lower the fat, but I’m feeling great eating this way. And if my body craves more fat some days, that’s fine too.
And in other exciting news, I ran a 5k (3 miles) for the first time today. It took me 40 minutes (all jogging, no walking), but that’s not too bad considering I couldn’t run more than 5 minutes without stopping just 2 months ago! Next up, 30 minute 5k, and a 10k without stopping regardless of the time–both are my current goals!
Macros: 84% carbs, 12% protein, 4% fat
Exercise: biked for 25 minutes, ran for 40, walked for 20
- 3 slices of sourdough with fig butter*
- Coldbrew coffee
- Tomato soup with kale, mushrooms, potato; sourdough for dipping
- Half a butternut squash with brown sugar
- Chocolate banana smoothie
- Head of romaine hearts
- Cauliflower with buffalo sauce
- Sweet potato wedges dipped in cinnamon sugar
Calories eaten: 1930 | Calories burned: 1870 (according to Fitbit data)
(*Everything is made by me except those with a * –feel free to request recipe posts for anything you’d like to know about 🙂 )
Thanks for reading!