Last weekend I got to attend the loveliest holiday cookie party with an awesome group of vegan girls. We had vegan eggnog and peppermint mochas, a cookie contest, a white elephant gift exchange, some of the cutest Christmas decor I’ve ever seen, games, and most importantly, a ton of amazing cookies and holiday treats.
I decided to bring my ol’ faithful cookie recipe: classic chocolate chip cookies. I’ve been making these for years and everywhere I’ve brought them, someone has asked for the recipe–without fail.
So I thought it was finally time I posted it here for you all!
I know a lot of blogs call every recipe “the best ___”, and I haven’t done it before, but I really have heard from a lot of vegans AND omnivores that these are the best chocolate chip cookies they’ve had. 🙂
- 2 & 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup vegan butter, melted (I use miyoko’s)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk* (I used soy)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
*If using vegan margarine instead of miyoko’s, use 1/4c milk instead.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the flour, salt, and baking soda to a large bowl and stir until combined.
- After melting the vegan butter in a medium bowl, add the brown and white sugar, non-dairy milk, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture, and stir until it begins to come together. Add the chocolate chips and stir until just combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a baking sheet–I usually get about 20 cookies per batch.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until bottoms and edges turn golden brown.
5 thoughts on “The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe”
I will have to try this! I thought I’d found the end-all-be-all vegan CC cookie recipe. Maybe not! x
I hope you love it too if you do try it! 🙂
Thanks for the good writeup. It actually
was a leisure account it. Look complex to more introduced agreeable from you!
However, how could we communicate?