Something about planting seeds for my vegetable garden (which I’m starting this week!) puts me in a salad mood. Just imagining all the organic greens and veggies I’ll be harvesting in a few months makes me start craving fresh veggies right away!
My favorite salad ever is still my addictive Mexican-style salad, but this BBQ ranch one is a very close second. It’s easy, super healthy, totally versatile with any extra veggies you might want to include, and goes well with every type of green I’ve tried so far! (Especially mixed greens or romaine.)
Serves 2-3 as a full meal
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 6-8 cups mixed greens (or romaine, or spinach)
- 6 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2c finely diced red onion
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1/2c barbecue sauce
- 1/2c halved cherry tomatoes (optional)
- 1 avocado
- 1/8 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened non dairy milk (cashew milk preferable)
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Toss chickpeas with salt and paprika. Optional: air fry chickpeas for 10-15 mins at 350 degrees until crunchy, or bake in a single layer in the oven for 20-30 mins at 350 until crunchy, shaking occasionally.
- Make the avocado ranch: mash the avocado together with all the other ingredients until smooth and creamy. Add more liquid as desired if you’d like a thinner texture.
- Rinse and drain greens, and add them to your salad bowl. Top with celery, red onion, corn, chickpeas, and any other veggies you’re using.
- Then top with the barbecue sauce and avocado ranch, toss, and enjoy!