I share studies on how heritable your body weight is, and share a pretty wild list of traits you’d never expect to be just as or more heritable than your weight.
The bonus content and discussion forums I talk about are over on my Patreon page.
Here’s a link to the video page, or you can watch it below:
Subscribe to my Youtube channel to stay updated on future videos 🙂
Links mentioned in the video:
- Patreon to support me making videos + bonus content + forums
- Key study links:
- Human Obesity: A Heritable Neurobehavioral Disorder That Is Highly Sensitive to Environmental Conditions
- Happiness: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/twin-research-and-human-genetics/article/heritability-and-genomewide-linkage-scan-of-subjective-happiness/71536537CBD1619EA68A6E98919532B6
- Interests: http://psych.colorado.edu/~carey/Courses/PSYC5112/Readings/interests_lykken.pdf
- Income: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2253264
- Talent: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10519-009-9260-5
- Educational attainment: https://academic.oup.com/sf/article-abstract/92/1/109/2235872
- Dog ownership https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-019-44083-9?fbclid=IwAR2b-rqBWIjX9UB76jvDKvYCCLXAkFg6wNREFgDPaVvFTC408i7BptAl-HU
- Partisan attachment https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1065912908327607?casa_token=o0sdCet0z_MAAAAA:TD2f0L73lZKxR9C3Liz5d_Y2FsIGfSPkKg6n8SjtbsU_XDNlQXJDMLli8CgmiC51Amsnb_56ry85
- Career https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0001879191900057
- Choice of subject in college https://www.nature.com/articles/srep26373
- DUIs https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/twin-research-and-human-genetics/article/heritability-of-dui-convictions-a-twin-study-of-driving-under-the-influence-of-alcohol/F579DA58BFAA1A00531A94288F5CDCB3
- How much people text https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/twin-research-and-human-genetics/article/heritability-and-genetic-correlates-of-mobile-phone-use-a-twin-study-of-consumer-behavior/56022F02DE9EDBE7A79607E719B652DC
- Sickness absences https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016726811300125X?casa_token=z57IjWzwlXwAAAAA:6mcnBONEDK7AkahDfGlFLstfiSBrjnVQ8IS84f_Fo_5NlOP2cst4lOu_JRjo_58SEuJBAfYV1A
- (you can find the other auxiliary study links by searching the titles that are shown in the video)
Join 2,182 other subscribers
1 thought on “Is Your Weight in Your Control? Genetics of Body Weight + Set Point”
Thanks for all you do always! I am writing for two concerns:
Can you address weight control fluctuations during menopause?
Do you have any Holiday dinner recommendations for Thanksgiving for people with high blood pressure and hypothyroidism?
I would really appreciate this help. My husband has the high blood pressure. I am resisting the idea of using a search engine because I would like to hear it from you.
In regards to your article, my mother gained weight during her menopause and so did it, but then she lost it later on in life and left it off. I kind of see a similar pattern working in my life.
Thanks in advance, Helen